Tuesday, October 2, 2007

jailhouse rot

I called Jim and asked him what was going on with Magg and he told me she was out and was staying with some friend's in CA until after the restitution hearing on the 11th. It dawned on me that I could actually call and talk to her now. I got the number from Jim and ringydinged her. It was so good to hear her voice. She sounded very shaken and it worries me. She said she never did get to see the evidence, but she heard something to the effect of all the voided receipts for the past 7 years. She told me about what caused voided receipts in the system she was required to use. I remembered about them after she said it ‑‑ the realtors that were non‑paying on their yearly association dues were carried for 3 months and then they were taken off the books by entering a voided receipt ‑‑ because that was the only way that system would let them get a 0 balance. It all makes sense now and what a shame that the e.Diane.smith and 12 people on the board of directors cannot even interpret their own records.

Unfortunately, her nightmare still is not over as she thinks she will have to do the balance of her time in jail because they will not accommodate her on doing work release in OK.

Jim is having a very terrible time with this news. I know they are both mentally shattered right now. I can only hope and pray that they will find the inner strength to wait it out ‑‑ for each other's sake.

No comments: