Tuesday, September 25, 2007

mish mash of bits and pieces

I spent a few days at the OKie cousins this weekend. Lots of poker, cocktails, food, bowling and fun. But on Sunday we took a roadtrip to OKC to see some of the sites. The main site was the Oklahoma City National Memorial for the 168 that were killed when mcveigh and nichols blew up the Murrah building. It is fascinating art. The reflecting pool is amazing, so seamless. The symbolism and the architecture is impeccable, very well thought out.

I've been trying to find a decent .flv player that does the few things that I want it to do - mainly resize quickly and maintain somewhat of a play list. I came across this VLC player It seems to be pretty good for a freebie. The other one I checked out is Sothink flv player

Today Magg goes to court for the restitution hearing. I wonder if she will get to come home soon. She wrote that the bitch e.diane smith was present at the last court date. She said she really looked like shit. Did my heart good to hear this.

I started out on my morning walk around the hood and didn't notice the neighbor sitting on his stoop. He greeted me and I stopped to chat with him for a few minutes. Something caught my eye and I looked down. I said to the neighbor that there was a baby snake about 5 feet from me and that it was a coppery color. The neighbor made his way down to where I was and announced that it was a copperhead. YIKES!
The neighbor did the hero thing and that copperhead is no more. Sure hope the mom and/or brothers or sisters don't avenge the death. double YIKES!

I have been battling with trying to get my laptop to show on LCD tv. I bought the cable the walmart clerk told me I needed and I tweaked and adjusted and cussed and still the pc would not show on the tv. It consumed me - the fact that I could not make this work.
Today, I went to the local computer shop and the kid there sold me 2 cables to replace the one.

AND he even told me that if I could not get it to work, to bring the cables and my notebook down to his shop and he would get it working for me.
Now, that's the kind of service we all love ... and miss.
But, the kid sold me the right cables and all is working beautifully!

And dammit, wouldn't ya know, that pilates dvd plays perfectly on the tv now via the notebook.
I am left with no excuses.



2 comments:

Wiz's Wench said...

yeah, that bites...coz they pay sooo much for those highly qualified techs at squall-mart, huh?

bastids.

Michelle said...

I am glad you were not bitten by the snake. Scary!

I always put off exercising. Being a high paraplegic, I should lift weights for extra strength but always find an excuse not to. The weights just sit there gathering dust. I feel like I get plenty of exercise just transferring in and out of cars, shower and anywhere else. I think it is a good excuse. No? ;)

Off the subject:It was frustrating to go through the pile of paperwork and waiting for the immigration process but we would not have done it any other way!

Enjoy the LCD tv! Sounds awesome. I am glad that guy helped you with the right cables. I get annoyed when walmart clerks are clueless. Grrr!

You are right about Louisiana. In all honesty, it's just a bad idea to rebuild. I guess the movie just got to the sentimental part of me.

((hug))
Michelle