Thursday, October 4, 2007

eBay - I miss you skippy

I haven't sold on eBay for a couple years. I became disenchanted with all the rules and regulations regarding what can and cannot be sold on there and what wording can and cannot be used, etc. But, I had/have a few things that I cannot get rid of at a tag sale. So off to the turbolister I went.

All the descriptions, categories, shipping weights, photos were in place and I held my breath and hit the button that uploaded the whole lot about 9pm. The next morning I rush to 'my eBay' only to find that eBay had already killed one of my listings for unacceptable wording! And of course all 7 listings had the same wording for accepted payments. Apparently eBay finds the wording "instant CASH transfer" unacceptable, even if it refers to their beloved PayPal.

So, I decided fuckum - I'll remove everything that has to do with PayPal and take my chances that the items will still sell at prices I could live with.

They did all sell. And I am okay with the winning bids. There was only one little hitch and the woman felt it necessary to contact eBay AND PayPal. I can't believe that she actually thought I would risk my 100% pos feedback for a niggling $64 transaction -- and this woman says she's a doctor.
Yeh, I know, a PhD doesn't necessarily mean there is any common sense.

Now, if I could just find a buyer for the 40, framed and matted, with team and score plate, super bowl programs AND the helmets.
Maybe next month.

Does anyone remember skippy from eBay?
10 years ago, on the eBay support forum, skippy was the man.
But then, that was back in the day when eBay still cared about customer service.

My GOD! has it been that long? Damn, I am getting old.

No comments: