Wednesday, June 4, 2008

to me from me ... with like

I walk in the mornings - if not on the treadmill then around the 'hood' which often ends up at Walmart.
This morning the walk did take me to Walmart, so I strolled around the store and landed in the electronics department.

I looked around at the telephones, the laptops, the cameras and then to the mp3 players. Well, wouldn't ya know, they just happened to have a nice little 2 gb Creative Zen V Plus on clearance for $48. I just had to have it because after all, it had a lime green button.

I have never ever played around with one of these things as I seldom listen to music, except when I walk and then I have a little fm radio that I listen to so that I can catch the latest news on what towns got blown away the night before by the killer tornadoes.

I get it home and RTFM. I get the software installed and start to add some songs to it. I add a few, then a few more and I realized that it can hold a BUNCH. So, I started adding entire CDs to it and it still has only taken up 250mb!

I called the OK! cousin and told her that I treated myself. And she informs me that I can go te the library and get the books on CD and rip those and play them on this thing! I think I peed a little.

Tomorrow I'm off to the library to get signed up and then I'll be searching for some James Patterson, John Sanford, Patricia Cornwell on CD.
The flight to Alaska just got a little more pleasant.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so glad you got that mp3 player. You will love it! I had one for my trip to Chile and the flight was so much more delightful! It is funny you mentioned signing up for the library, because I just did the same thing the other day and I am so silly, I never thought about the books on cd for our mp3 player. I am definitely going back to the library with that in mind.

I gave my mp3 player to Armando's sister when we were there. They don't have them as readily available there and I figured a new Mom definitely needed something to chill out with!!!

Congrats on the mp3 player and thanks for the books on cd idea!

P.S. Armando (my husband) put a how to on the light graffiti here
http://arloyola.blogspot.com/2008/06/light-graffiti-in-arab-al.html

It is fun!

Love,
Michelle

jnuts said...

nice to know someone else reads cornwell. is it ok if her "jack the ripper" is my fav?

and I love your idea of putting books on the mp3 player. number 2 son gave me an ipod when he got a new fancy one. it's one the better things he ever passed my way.

enjoy alaska, and your dad, of course. i'm envious.