Monday, June 9, 2008

is that crap contagious?

Upon my awakening to a another Sunday morning, the malemate tells me he will not be going to do the volunteer work that morning because he's been in the bathroom most of the night puking and pooping! I felt a panic coming on and instead of my morning cup of java - I did a healthy dose of xanax.

The panic had nothing to do with him being sick, spending most of his day in the bathroom and possibly dehydrating to death, it had to do with ME and and my dad and the fact that we are to leave from Omaha on Thursday and the malemate better damn well not give that crud to ME and fuck up MY trip! He went to the doc this morning, and sure enough, the pukingshits are contagious. So, I'm calling on prayers that he simply keeps it to himself!
The good news is the doc thought that I probably would have gotten it by now if I were going to get it. Just the same, say the damn prayers -- I need 'em!

On another note, I've been making a different kind of rag rug lately. It's called naalbinding or toothbrush rugs. It's easier than shirret, and looks good in a lighter weight fabric. There's some very good instructional videos on youtube by LauraJane for making a variance of the method I use -- if you are interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGr-LiPboEY&feature=related

The most noticeable variances are that I only use one strip of thread except when I begin a new oval rug -- which I begin by braiding a strip about 12" long. The other main variance is I cut my fabric on the bias because I can't stand all the little fiber dusts that are created when the fabric is torn with the grain. I also use the slit and slip method to join the fabric rather than sewing them together.

Here's one that is made of "reclaimed" denim jeans/dresses and a part of a sheet, shirt, tablecloth, etc. Whatever scraps of fabric that caught my eye at the moment.




Well, if all goes well ... and I mean WELL, as in BE WELL, I'll be leaving here on Wednesday for Iowa then to the air on Thursday afternoon to arrive in Anchorage around 8pm.
Yeah me!
Happy is me!
WELL is me!
Let's keep it that way, ya hear?

2 comments:

jockamo said...

i'll pray for you AND the malemate. because if you get sick, I'm going to assume MM will die a slow painful death at your hand.

love the rug. can't imagine having the patience to do them.

Michelle said...

I will be keeping you in my prayers. Your rug is absolutely beautiful. I love the shades of blue. I am definitely thinking about trying to make a rug myself! It looks like fun and so rewarding at the end. Thanks for the how to video links!

Big Hug,
Michelle