Wednesday, June 25, 2008

back home blues

The poop plugging pills that the doc gave me the day before leaving for Iowa worked wonders and I was able to make it up there. I was in discomfort and kept my distance from Dad and the family so as not to give IT to anyone. The next morning I got up and felt much better and the best news was that Dad felt good and it seemed we were going to Alaska.

We boarded the plane and off we went. Peg picked us up at 8:30 Thursday night and the vacation was on. We had decided to do an 'on' day and then an 'off' day in order to keep it paced well for Dad to be able to enjoy all that we had planned.

I can never put into words how fabulous it is to see Peg. We just click. And when we laugh, we laugh til it hurts ... and several times we ended up peeing our pants. I love her so much, it tears me up when I think about how I wish we lived closer, but know that it's not going to happen any time soon.

To keep it short, we did see a lot and I got to drive the 2.5 mile tunnel that goes into Whittier and we saw the lazy man's way of fishing salmon and ended up bringing home about 40 pounds of the stuff. We took a train trip (now THAT'S the way to travel!) and then on a 5 hour boat cruise through Resurrection Bay where we saw 2 orca whales, a humpback whale, harbor seal, puffins, black bear and cub and much more. It was a wonderful time and Dad says he's going back in two years.

I'm in!

3 comments:

jockamo said...

I'm happy you're home safe and had a wonderful time.

I probably would have gone awol and never returned home.

Michelle said...

I am glad you had a great trip.
I know it is sad to part with such fun times and of course Peg but 2 years sounds like a great time to do it all over again! :)

Big Hug,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back!! and that you had a wonderful time.
Oh,jeez..come by the mouse house...we have some breaking news. You are one of the few whose reaction I don't fear.

big hugs
the mouse