Saturday, December 15, 2007

recall from the 70's

I was listening to our dear JockfullofPodcast and for some reason I started to recall my first Mr.
Yes that would be the first man that made me a Mrs.
I so loved this man. But, he was 11 years my senior and had 'seen the world' -- well, enough so that he was ready to plant it all back in Iowa.
Me? well, not so much.
He was done sampling what was outside of his safe zone.
He had served 2 tours of Viet Nam as a Marine during the bowels of the 60's.
Obviously, I could not, or did not relate to this.

Have you ever loved a soldier? Have you ever loved a Marine?
Have you ever been loved by a Marine?
He had the ability to give all of himself, and did so. If only I had been 'adult' enough to know and appreciate that quality.
Ah, the regrets of life. We all have them.

Intereresting thing about my first Mr. ...
I had not had much sex prior to meeting him. Anything beyond missionary sex was a new experience. Oral sex was unfamiliar territory for my mouth. But, my friends had told me about it and instructed me -- savor an ice cream cone, they said.

One night the #1 Mr. and I were getting reacquainted for the day -- and I thought I would try the cone on him.

Oh my God! you would have thought I was going to circumcise him with my teeth!

The #1 Mr. had a very hard time using the word no with me - but he pulled my face up toward his face and said, "NO, no more."

We finished with the intercourse and later I asked him why he stopped me. He said there were whores in Nam that would place razor blades in their mouths and give head and he could not remove that thought from his mind.

My dear #1 Mr. had many things that he could not stop his mind from associating to his life during the Viet Nam conflict. I was too young and ignorant to understand the depth of traumatic stress syndrome. He died at the young age of 39.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I've heard my Uncle talk about Vietnam. He still has problems from some chemicals they used like skin rashes that don't heal.

39 is too young to die. Especially considering I am not too far from that age! Too young definitely...

My Dad was a soldier. So I know some of the soldier characteristics that stick with a soldier even after retirement!

The first man I loved was much older than me too. We had quite a gap in some of our thinking and I think the age put up blockades for us in the end. So don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes wisdom doesn't come until you're older.

Oral sex. It IS difficult the first time!

I plan to call you this next week. Sorry I haven't done so yet. We work until 3 or 4 a.m. so I just have to find a day when I feel coherent in the morning. I've been a drag-ass lately.

((hug))
Michelle

Wiz's Wench said...

War is an old man's game played with young men's lives. It is wrong, wrong, wrong. Yet, it is the oldest game around.

Wiz was in the Navy...this was about the same time as your Mr...and he will tell you straight up he is still bitter about every minute of it.

Who among us does not have regrets? Youth is a pretty good excuse, tho. I even, on occasion,am able to NOT hate the Jackass (my 1st Mr) and remember a moment of not-so-miserable.

I love you saying 'not so much'...one of the diva's catchphrases. Utter it to me in a few months when she's gone to Noo Yawk Ciddy and has no time for her muddah, will ya?

Hugs.
the wickedest wench on the block