Sunday, December 23, 2007

reaching back

It's almost Christmas and even though I don't 'do' Christmas anymore - I do still believe in presents ... the to me from me kind. Except this year I haven't really seen anything that really excites me -- well except for my new Lapinator -- which I really am happy with.

I did buy something else though that the OK! cousin introduced me to. She had purchased a bunch of the Dead Sea salt and mineral items and we did a makeover the last time I was there. I fell in love with the Swisa Dead Sea salt 'peel'. So, I went out onto eBay and won myself some -- at 1/5 the price she paid -- yikes for her.

The malemate turns 60 on Dec. 27th. He is into the party and 'give me all the attention' thing. He is married to the wrong person for that -- cuz a party-planner Martha Stewart, I am not. I probably could have just left that last sentence at simply 'he married the wrong person' :)
Regardless ...
I bought him a Chicago Bears bowling ball (he has been a Bears fan for over 50 years) and the OK! cousins are coming up for the weekend. They will arrive on Friday and will depart on the 2nd.
That's about all the party I am giving him -- anything more, he'll have to get on his own.
I so wished I felt like I used to feel about him.
Maybe in 2008.

2 comments:

Wiz's Wench said...

one of my biggest disappointments of the last few years was that I missed Wiz's 60th. Damn it! I try to make up for it.

If you'da given me more notice, we coulda come up with a 'whizbang' (no pun intended) birthday. *Le Sigh*

Hey! Malemate's b'day is the same as my #1 grandson...only 52 years apart. LOL

Happy b'day, malemate...Now straighten up and be worthy of this fabulous woman!

Hugs.
wiz and wench

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Bren!