Tuesday, November 6, 2007

old ladies gone drunk

I took a trip to the 'Palm Desert of the Midwest' this past weekend. I wanted to see Cap'n Max, Sharon and Kat.
It was just a quick overnight trip.

I arrived on Saturday morning - just in time to hit the last hours of one of the big twice-yearly tag sales. Unfortunately (or maybe not) it was pretty well picked over and I only ended up with some tote bags to use as trash bags in the car. That is probably a good thing though, as I really don't need anymore junk.

Then Cap'n Max took his harem out for an excellent lunch. One of the harem members could not make it because she was making 'goodies' for later that afternoon. I am so damn glad she didn't come with us because she was making my new favorite snack: bacon wrapped jalepeno poppers.
Good God those things are fabulous!
Dammit, I wish I didn't have such a taste for the fat foods.

I brought the flow-bee because Sharon was in need a cut. She and Kat took off for early mass (because with all the scotch in the house, there was no way they would be able to make it to Sunday morning mass). I went out to the deck to get the 'salon' set up for when they returned. They were back in no time and the scotch was poured and the haircuts began. Sharon was very pleased with her cut and although we all liked Kat's, I don't think she was too happy with it.
Like our mother's always told us - 'it will grow out'
I am thinking that is not what she wanted to hear, so I only thought it :^/

Then it was off to the den for a good ol' girltalk session. The Pinch flowed ever so smoothly as did the topics of conversation.
Too bad I can't remember all of them.
What I do remember is that it was such a pleasure to be back in the warmth of friends I love.

I miss them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you had some time with old friends. That is the best. I wish the Kat was me. I could use a good drunk and a haircut. Wait, maybe that should be a good haircut and a drunk with girlfriends. I wish you trip could have been longer.
How is the dancing going? That is a good idea for lessons on you tube. I may give that a whirl.
I think the kitten's name is gonna be Babar. Remember the elephant? He lost his mom and became king of the jungle in spite of his struggle.
Much love
Kat