Monday, November 26, 2007

gobble gobble quack

It was off to Iowa on Wednesday. I managed to get the power car/notebook adapter about 2 days before -- so I did my work all the way there. Worked quite slick. Kept my mind and attention off the malemate's driving.
No speeding tickets again this year.
Kinda pisses me off, because I told him about 3 years ago that the next speeding ticket he got that I was getting some plastic surgery done. I guess he doesn't want to foot that bill.
He will though.

I got to see the latest addition to the Faulkner clan who is not named such. He is a beaut -- unfortunately the mother (my niece) did not give him our sir name -- sad too because we have no more boys to carry on the name -- my 2 brothers are the end of the line unless one of the nieces has a boy and gives him the name. Sad when it comes to that.

We had the traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings. The turkey was dry - as always. Why is that? I have decided I am going to get myself a turkey this season and see if I can make it without it being dry. The challenge.

One of my cousin's husband is an avid hunter. It's duck and goose season. She hates them both. I have never had duck.
Thanks to her, I now have two - which I will attempt to roast tomorrow.
However, I will have a backup option ... just in case.





No comments: