Monday, December 1, 2008

trav'lin about

i traveled to the hometown this past weekend. the malemate and i left on tuesday morning and came back on sunday. i got to see everyone i wanted to see and taught some of the relatives and friends how to make the rugs and then as a parting gift, one of the li'l darlings gave me the crud to come home with. family, gotta love 'em, right?

actually, the crud seems to be just a 24-hour thing and i think i'm on the mend. it makes for a really long 8-hour drive home though when one of the rhea sisters decides to take the trip with ya -- uh that would be dia not gonor. i had a touch of panic when traveling at 75mph, passing three semis with no room in between and you see the sign that says "last rest stop in missouri - 1 mile"

apparently my dad is going to be taking a 'date' over to one of my aunt and uncle's house this week for happy hour. i have known this woman all my life and have always enjoyed her. i am thrilled that dad may have himself a 'buddy' to do things with. however, she is much older than he ... she is 92 he is 85.

i hope you all had a good turkey day.

p.s. gas was $1.36/gal when the malemate filled yesterday.

2 comments:

jockamo said...

isn't is sad when the price of gas steals the limelight in a heartfelt entry?

I almost pissed myself when I filled up the other day with gas at $1.76.

glad you got to go travelin', but sorry about the crud.

Anonymous said...

it's still $1.79 here and I think THAT is a good deal! I do, remember, now reside in Taxachusetts.

Today, a patient (aka 'mean old crazy bitch' who told the doctor, upon seeing my fat ass 'there's plenty there to love'...yeah, fuck you, old lady...at least i don't piss in my lacy size 52 undies) asked if I was his daughter. I must admit it made me feel good...course then she went on about his (beautiful, btw) head of silver hair---it glows just like moonlight. (Hey, I need to save that waxing poetic for MY blog.)

How do you feel about the 'date'? If that eye-tal-yun boy at work gives me the eye one more time, I'm runnin off with him. I can push his wheelchair to Tahiti. :)