Friday, July 6, 2007

wash it down with a brew

miamiok.jpg

Caption for the photo: Globe//Gary Crow ... Flooding on Steve Owens Boulevard made it appear that Miami, Okla., was awash in beer Wednesday, July 4, 2007, rather than water from the Neosho River.

While some parts of the country are sweltering in the "dry" heat, this neck of the woods has been seeing torrential rains. The photo above, of one of those huge billboards, was 'borrowed' from a local paper. It was taken on July 4. It is an excellent infusion of humor after viewing the slide show of the devastation.

I've been submitting resumes, getting responses and doing testing. I'm really out of my comfort zone here. The testing is tricky since I've not had the schooling for MT, which not only includes terminology, but the general accepted formats for the various reports. I've been made one offer, but the pay is so low I'm thinking it might be more fun just to do the CastingWords thing of typing podcasts. It's a bitch out there and I've been a bitch in here.

The good news is, the neighbors left on vacation this morning and left me in charge of their garden. The tomatoes are starting to turn. Needless to say, there will be BLTS with real Ts by the end of next week.

And now it's time for alcohol.






1 comment:

Wiz's Wench said...

i love that pic...makes ya wanna swim in it, don't it?

how's the job hunt going?