Tuesday, July 24, 2007

floating away

The new work is slow starting. Apparently, the fact that I only requested work for Tuesday through Friday has created a problem for them. I don't know how much of a problem, but I do know there were no files on the ftp when I got up this morning and it's now 4pm on Tuesday afternoon and there still are no files. I would like it to work out as I think it will be interesting work. It's med/legal stuff for worker's comp claims outta California. If you know anything about worker's comp in CA, and all the phony bullshit that people claim, it's clear to see, it should be pretty secure and abundant work -- once I get rolling.

In the meantime, as I wait it out the anger festers. I have found myself falling back into the head-banging anger modes again. Yeh, time to start up with the fucking meds again, I guess. So, hello meds, good bye scotch ... maybe.

The malemate and I did manage to get an 8 mile float in yesterday. It was perfect weather and I really enjoyed the time out there. The banks of the Elk are privately owned, so some of the houses are right up to the waterfront. I think I need to make friends with some of those people. I rather like the thought of happy hour whilst sitting on the riverfront deck.
Would you like an umbrella and a skewered lemon in that scotch & soda?
Yes, yes I think I would.











2 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful photos! I like the turtles.

I love being on the water. It is so relaxing. I hope you feel better soon.

-Michelle

ColleenQ said...

I can't believe how much this looks like my dad's river in Norhtern Michigan! (and by his river, I mean MY drunken and debauchery skinny dipping river) ;)