Monday, February 16, 2009

post SA

i'm feeling pretty OK after being fired from the volunteer work at the SA and being dumped by her. i missed not going there yesterday. i missed the laughing and and playing in the kitchen - but i'm actually okay with it. i have looked back on what i now realize was a 'quasi-friendship', or more commonly called acquaintance and see that it probably wasn't me at all. she has lived in these parts her entire 44 years and never talked about getting together with any life-long friends and doing things. i find that very odd when i think back on it. i still connect with my friends from junior high when i go back home and even chat with some them online occasionally. so, i've come to the conclusion that it's her. she sucks as a friend, hence that is why she does not have any. her loss, cuz i may not be good at a lot of things, but i'm pretty good at being a friend.

now, about the malemate. i bought myself a new computer a few weeks back. i have not installed the spyware on it yet. i'm still debating it. the malemate has not been on his machine much for the past few months. maybe he realized i was serious the last time we had the chat about his shenanigans.

who am i kidding, of course i'm going to install it on here. in fact, i'm going to email the company right now and see how i can move settings and logs from the old drive to this one. gotta go - i've got work to do.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You are a great friend and it is her loss.

Enjoy your new computer! I am about to the midterm in the MT program. :)

Big Hug,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

bren,

i really, really, REALLY needed this entry today. A 'friend' texted ME yesterday accusing me of deep-sixing the good doctor's marriage JUST so i could get my grubby hands on his palatial community-property home. It hurt my feelings and pissed me off, coz I don't even particularly LOVE that house...it's just the one HE loves. AND it made me realize that in addition to saying such things, that's all she thinks of me.

She, too, has no life-long friends that still speak to her...and her own sister keeps her distance because she is jealous and mean-mouthed.

I'll be yer pal, you be mine. You can come see us in Boston anytime!

Anonymous said...

bren,

i really, really, REALLY needed this entry today. A 'friend' texted ME yesterday accusing me of deep-sixing the good doctor's marriage JUST so i could get my grubby hands on his palatial community-property home. It hurt my feelings and pissed me off, coz I don't even particularly LOVE that house...it's just the one HE loves. AND it made me realize that in addition to saying such things, that's all she thinks of me.

She, too, has no life-long friends that still speak to her...and her own sister keeps her distance because she is jealous and mean-mouthed.

I'll be yer pal, you be mine. You can come see us in Boston anytime!