Wednesday, February 11, 2009

textual dumping

I have been volunteering for the past two and half years on Sunday mornings at SA. Through there I met Leslie. She was so much fun to work with and I thought we were friends. Apparently not as I received a text from her the other day that said: "i dont want to talk ... i need some space. it would be a good idea if u didn't volunteer right now. please dont call or come by"

huh?

I had just talked to her on the phone the night before and she filled me in on some very troublesome things that are going in her life -- but, she seemed okay with me. Needless to say, this came out of nowhere for me and sent me into a little mental tailspin.

So, after living here for going on three years now, I'm ready to leave. Clearly I'm not meeting any people and clearly I'm not going to make an effort to do so.

So, after doing some serious thinking about things and realizing how unbelievably lonely I really am, I think it's time to move back to the hometown. I hate the cold winters and the sweltering summers -- but it would be good to be around famdamily and at the very least have something to bitch about.

If only the malemate had not fucked up our lives, I would not feel like I have lost almost three years of my life. Will this anger and disgust ever go away?
What's done is done - I really need to let it go and move on.
I wish I knew how to do that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My initial response is that the text was not meant for you.

It is the worst part of texting...wires get literally crossed and things go to the wrong person.

My heart is hurting for you. I am sorry.

Anonymous said...

First off, if it WAS meant for you...that's a pretty chickenshit way to talk to you. Secondly, me being who I am...I'd show up to volunteer BRIGHT and EARLY next time. Does this chick RUN the program? And even if she does, she ain't Goddess.

Hmph. WE love you and you can come volunteer with us any day. I actually went to train last week at the local food bank for volunteer work. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to fit it into my schedule.

I've missed ya...and next time I go to Texas, I'll swing by yer place and kick the malemate in the shin for ya.

Big, big, BIGGG hugs.