Saturday, April 5, 2008

a-las-ka

When my Dad retired, he had every intention of the two of them doing a lot of traveling around the country.

In 1996, along with another couple, they made a leisurely trip from Iowa to Utah to California and then back home. For reasons unbeknownst to me, Mom was not so much into making anymore trips.

Today Dad called and after a short conversation he says, "Would you like to go to Alaska?"

Now, had he asked me about any other place, I would have had to think about it, but Alaska?

I don't think he even had the third sylable out when I responded with a yesYesYES!

He told me to make the arrangements and he and I would make a trip up there this summer. I don't think I have been on a vacation with my Dad since I was 12. This should be a hoot. I can't wait to tell cousin Peggy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy WOw!! how awesome is THAT???

glad he's not sitting there wasting away...life is short...gotta grab what we can.

Much love,
the mouse

www.daffodilmouse.spaces.live.com

Michelle said...

That sounds like a fun trip! I hope you take plenty of pictures and would you please show me some? I've never been to Alaska but it always looks beautiful on tv.

I am still practicing and preparing for MT.

With Love,
Michelle

ColleenQ said...

I am SO excited for you! I'm thinking this will be a wonderful trip for you both...

jockamo said...

about ten years ago, I went on a trip with my mom and dad back to oklahoma...got to walk the ground where my mother grew up...brought home a piece of the foundation of a home no longer standing, and wished for time to stand still.

wow, bren. i'll be there in spirit.

I can only imagine how beautiful it will be.

Anonymous said...

Can I be put down as first reserve?

This sounds fantastic for many reasons.