Sunday, January 6, 2008

to me from me

After switching to the Dvorak method of typing, I treated myself to a Typematrix 2030 Dvorak keyboard. Then about a year later, I decided I should probably have another as backup. I called the company only to be told that they did not have any of the Dvorak keyboards in stock and did not know when they would be. They suggested I order a different one. Since I did not have much choice, I did just that. It's now about a year later after ordering the 2nd keyboard and I really want another one like my first. I emailed the company again whining about them not having the Dvorak nor did they even have the qwerty 2030s available any longer and how desperate I was to get another one. I even asked if they were going out of business as I have watched as their inventory depleted on the website.

Surprise, I received a response within minutes. NO! they are not going out of business! They placed an order over 20 months ago and still have not received the shipment as they are a 'little fish in a big sea'. However, she was in the warehouse last week and found a couple of the Dvoraks that she could sell .

The invoice was included in the email, the order was placed and only the waiting is left. Happy is me.

God, I want a cigarette.

The 70plus-year-old neighbor received a computer from her son for Christmas. It has the dreaded Vista on it. She called today and asked if I could take a looksee as she was having issues with it. I have never played with Vista, so we clicked, tapped and moused our way through a couple of the issues.

Poor ol' gal made the jump to Vista from Windows 98.
I think she wanted a cigarette too.
I want a Macintosh.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent a few hours the other night on the internet and then reading event logs to sort out some Vista issues. Wish I could make the fucker faster though. I reserve the right to wipe it out and throw XP on. It's on trial, I've told it, so it better behave.

Anonymous said...

Junq, Vista needs 2Gb RAM. Very unresponsive on 1Gb despite MS saying that 1Gb is fine. Adding another 1Gb RAM transformed it.

Anonymous said...

I dont want to talk about cigarettes.

I am glad you are getting the keyboards thought.

Kat

jockamo said...

I remember my first experience was with a mac. completely satisfying and to this day, I still yearn for what I no longer have.

of course, back then, hardly anyone had a mac, and it cost me a small fortune to have disks converted to a format that was usable by anyone but ME.

still...