Sunday, August 26, 2007

momma needs a new pair of shoes

The Argentine tango lessons are going quite well. We received 2 free lessons during the time the regular facility was having the floors refinished and now because of the membership, we will receive another 6 weeks free. These are 2 hour lessons, which is very unusual and very generous of the instructors.

I have found that this guy: Emiliano Delau on youtube really gives some good instruction.

Last week the male instructor's wife was not there, so I got to dance with him quite a bit. It was my first time doing a close embrace -- manOman talk about a connection moment! That alone has made it worth learning the dance. The female instructor had talked about that 'connection' a few weeks ago, but not having done it, it meant nothing to me. I get in now. Unbelievable the difference it can make in one's attitude towards the dance.

So now, I'm off to net shop for some real dance shoes because the malemate and I have a standing date to practice on Monday afternoons.

Perhaps he and I will get to that connection moment.
I can only hope.



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Enjoy your dancing. Tango is such a sexy dance.

I hope you find some great shoes!



-Michelle