Wednesday, June 20, 2007

a note from the inside

I received a handwritten note from Mag the other day. She's still in jail out in CA. She never volunteered any information regarding her case. She only wrote of the conditions and how disappointed she is in the public defender. I was hoping for more.
I just don't want to be lied to by friends -- I get enough of that bullshit from the malemate. Perhaps when she gets out, she'll tell me the truth. I really would like to know where the money is though, because one of her concerns right now is ... how will she get back to OK after she is released. The airfare would only cost around $600 at the most, and she supposedly stole $350,000? and they don't have much in the way of material things and they are not gamblers ...

I've been keeping up with her doings by reading the court record online. She initially was charged with 3 counts of felony embezzlement. I guess some kind of deal was made and the judge dropped one count and she plead guilty to the remaining two. I would imagine that one count being dropped had to do with the 3 strikes law in CA -- a third strike felony is a given that the guilty will be incarcerated any where from 25 years to life. Her sentencing is scheduled for July 27.
It must feel like an eternity for her.

1 comment:

Wiz's Wench said...

Drugs? Prostitution? Feed the Children? (I’m hopin for Feed the Children—at least something useful will have been done with it.)

Bren, it’s better to be lied TO by friends than lied ABOUT by them. I’m going thru some chatroom drama with a woman who I thought was a kinda ‘friend’. It seems I’m soo hot and sexy, that I’m messing up her dating game from 1700 miles away. Am I GOOD OR WHAT???

If I wuz Mag, I’d be crappin my pants in fear!