Tuesday, June 26, 2007

life just gets worse

Friday, at the very end of the day, I received an email that said the company was assigning the entire account to another 'team'. It stated that there had been too many unacceptable errors lately.
I don't know how many people type for this institution as I only have 9 docs and the other gal that I know, only types 5. The surgery center has about 100 surgeons. I looked back on my files - as all my stuff goes through a proofer. There were no corrections other than the doc neglecting to name which knee, or the procedure or the pre- or postop diag.
The message also said to call on Monday for more detail. Yeh, the chicken shit sent the message as he was walking out the door right before the weekend.
I was out of town Monday and couldn't call.
So today I called and left a message with the receptionist at about 8:00 am.
No callback by 4:00pm so I sent him an email and asked 'when would be a good time?'
No response as of yet.

Saturday the malemate and I grabbed a bite to eat at a new place. I took a pain pill right before we left, as my fucking back went out earlier in the day due to thinking about the work situation. We had beer with the sandwich.
I felt good.
On the way home we started to have a chat. He started to be hypocritical about someone -- and I lost it. I started bawling and asked him how he can judge someone else's actions based on his bullshit? I took it a little further and then further and then I finally told him how much I hated this life with him and how ashamed I am to be with him and that I have things in position now, such that ... should anything out of the ordinary happen to me, all his fucking shenanigans will be made known to anyone that gives a shit about him - including his kids.
I'm sick and tired of being thought of as the bitchywitch of the Midwest.

What a difference one year can make in a lifetime.
I don't remember the last time I hated myself this much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It isn't yourself you hate, it's your life and the fact that you feel trapped in it.

Despite your loyalty you feel you've been betrayed.
If money weren't an issue you'd be gone.

This has been simmering for a long time, your mate was overdue knowing how much everything that had/has been happening has affected you and your relationship.

Perhaps it'll help lance the boil, one way or the other.

p.s. sorry to hear about the work.