Wednesday, January 6, 2010

twenty ten is here ...

...and what will it bring?

getting older makes one really wonder what the new year bring. i'm sure it will bring more death. it always does.
i can only hope it brings much happiness though too.

cycles - everything is cyclical - it always has been - it always will be.

my mom's birthday was yesterday. her name was albertha. she had no middle name. she would have been 84.
this is one of the oldest pictures i have of her and my dad - it was taken when my folks were dating. it was a couple months before they married. the day after they married my dad went off to serve in WWII.
a beautiful, playful couple they were.



2 comments:

jnuts said...

If 2010 brings me happiness, I'll be very surprised, but who knows? If Lady Gaga can become a star, anything is possible.

Great photo of two beautiful people. Looking at family photos always makes me sad and wistful, but I'm thankful for for the art of photography, which captures time for us.

It's hard to imagine that virile man is now fighting a battle with time and memory. I hate that.

jnuts said...

and, happy belated birthday, albertha.