Wednesday, January 20, 2010

busted - but not by the irs

i think i have put myself in a bit of a pickle here. when the malemate and i lived in california, our monies were completely separate. he had his bills to pay and took care of mine. i never knew what he had for monies, and he did not keep track of mine. then when he retired and we moved, we decided to open joint accounts. that was all fine by me, because at that time, i had no real income of my own.
then i started working again.

i have two typing accounts now. one check i put in the joint account - the other, (what was the smaller of the two) well the other i keep for myself.
not too long ago i picked up more typing with the 'my money' account. i always try to get the mail when i know that check will be coming in, because i don't want him asking me any questions like:
'how much was that one for?"
if he does get the envelope before me and asks the question, i always throw out a 'round-a-bout' number - one that he won't suggest i do this or that with it. as far as i am concerned, this is my mad money.

well, duhRme, i just realized that he does the taxes, and very soon the tax papers will start coming in.

i wonder if he'll be surprised when he sees that i made double what i told him i was making. i sure hope he keeps it to himself cuz i'm quite sure i'm going to end up feeling like a sneaky bitch if i have to actually verbalize my little secret.

2 comments:

jnuts said...

it's times like these that we wish we were getting paid under the table, eh?

good luck, junque.

hey, maybe you should offer to do the taxes this year.

Anonymous said...

repeat after me: "yeah. So what?"

the rowdy mouse