Thursday, October 15, 2009

more fun than watching a car chase

today when i started watching the balloon chase, it took me back to the days when we lived in california. it was always a hectic start to the day when we woke up and turned on the tv and lo and behold a live car chase.
it was hell trying to get ready for work and yet keep your eyes glued to the tv just in case there was a suicide by cop or car crash/pileup -- wouldn't want to miss that.
needless to say, i sat and watched about 45 minutes of the floating boy-less balloon today, up until it finally landed. the only difference between then and now is that i got to watch it undistracted.

sometimes i have such a drained brain. in the past 3 weeks, i have received at least two emails from the gal i type for that my doctor will be on vacation the week of the oct. 19th. so, this past weekend i managed to get some projects, plans, and work lined up for this week because i'm going to have allllllllllll this time on my hands.
tuesday comes, and she sends me a file to type - 66 patients! huh?
yeh, i have a calendar but clearly, i don't know how to use it.

the weekend starts tomorrow for me and i'm off to the OK! cousins. i generally am very happy about going to stay on the farm for a few days, but this time, i feel apprehension - i can't put my finger on the reason why - just a feeling.
i'll be checking out the pecan (pronounced pEE-caan where i come from) trees while i'm there. i hope they set this year, as last year there was not a one.
i think 20 pounds of unshelled pecans could keep my obsessive pee brain and hands busy next week.

2 comments:

jnuts said...

one of my fondest memories of oklahoma was wandering through the peeCAN groves, following the older kids, who helped me carry my bushel basket and made sure I had plenty of nuts.

to this day, pecans are my very favorite. remember when they were cheaper than walnuts?

i'm so very envious, bren. my parents just came back from Norman last Saturday. great time of year...no humidity.

hope your apprehension doesn't bear fruit.

jnuts said...

oh, and hasn't the balloon-boy saga been an interesting one? shitty, but interesting.