Tuesday, August 12, 2008

gotta love that southern hospitality

The walk through the hood this morning was in a very fine, cool, soothing mist.
Thank you God.

During the walk, I noticed that off to the side of the new house that one of the builders has just finished, there was a pile of bricks.
I called and left a message asking if I could have 15 of them to line my ittybitty flower bed with.
I got a call back late this afternoon from the builder's wife.
She said in her ever-so-southern voice, "I mint to get back to ya soona. You jist go ahead and git yuself some of them bricks. In fact, you best get 20 of thim, jist to make sure you have enough."
Life in the Midwest.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

southern?
shirley yer kiddin'

I miss you.
kat

Maddy May said...

all y'all just don't know. i'm fixin to leave now. y'all do up them flowers and get'r done right.

Maddy May said...

p.s.

Don't make me smack the happy right outta ya.

Anonymous said...

or,
You can have as many as you can TOTE.
kat

jockamo said...

wow. here, those bricks would have disappeared before you had a chance to ask or act on anything. and if, by any chance, the bricks remained and you got to ask for them? you can bet your ass they would have cost you.

urban life. pffft.

Michelle said...

Well, I'll declare!
Bring your truck and load 'em up, Why don't cha? :P
Free is always goooooood.
P.S. I hear that accent every day of my life here. LOL

Love ya,
Michelle
(in smack dab middle of the South)

Anonymous said...

i absolutely ADORE you, Madame Junque. Your comment was just what I needed today. If you ever decide you've had enough of the malemate, you have a room in a Boston suburb for as long as you want.

Big hugs.
da mouse

Michelle said...

Today I officially changed over to a Dvorak keyboard. :) I thought now would be a great time to integrate it and be more productive! I got the stickers and converted my existing keyboard. Thanks for mentioning this kb! Classes are going well so far. I am learning Medical word building.

Have a great weekend!
Michelle

Michelle said...

Today I officially changed over to a Dvorak keyboard. :) I thought now would be a great time to integrate it and be more productive! I got the stickers and converted my existing keyboard. Thanks for mentioning this kb! Classes are going well so far. I am learning Medical word building.

Have a great weekend!
Michelle