Thursday, May 15, 2008

what is the 1st thing you'd buy if ...

you won the lottery.

I got a letter in the mail about a week ago informing me that I was being contacted regarding $2.1M.
I decided to give it a call because - how the hell did they find me?

Well, the gal started with the dreaming/feeling sales tactic by asking the question:
"what is the first thing you will buy with the $2.1M?"

My response: "a hotHotHOT pink car; not because I like the color hot pink but because my malemate will never drive a hotHotHOT pink car. It will be alllllllll mine and I will never have to adjust the mirror or seat ever again."

After an actual real laugh from the gal on the other end and her unsuccessful sales pitch, she informed me that I had not won yet, but ...

she was in the process of transferring me to her supervisor when I disconnected.

I really would like the hotHotHOT pink car though for the same reason. It's a damn shame that I let that stranger get my hopes up like that.
I was that |-| close. damn!

3 comments:

Wiz's Wench said...

GREAT season tickets to the Red Sox and a sailboat. :) That would be my first purchase. :)

jockamo said...

black interior?

Anonymous said...

I'd have said, "A personal assistant to block all telephone scams". What I'd ACTUALLY do, tho is boring - pay off my mortgage and retire.