Tuesday, August 18, 2009

bowling and bawling

not so many weeks after the malemate had talked me into bowling a summer league (which i went into pouting and bitching), one of the staffers there came up to me and asked if i would bowl on her winter league.

now, here i was in a semi-drunken frame of mind and feeling quite cheerful, and agreeable - next thing i realized was i had opened my mouth and the only word that came out was, "okay."

they didn't even give me a chance to renege on it the next day. the malemate went out and had team t-shirts done up.

so, now i'm committed to 36 - yes THIRTY SIX weeks of this crap - every monday night.

"okay" and "yes" just come too damn easy under the influence of alcohol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at least you have booze to blame YOUR stupidity on. I don't drink.

the mouse