Monday, July 7, 2008

I think I've got it

The photos from the AK trip have become quite the hassle. My Dad does not have a computer but he does have a DVD player on his tv. Well, since realizing my CD/DVD player was fried, I did purchase a new one and this time I bought a DVD burner as well -- hoping to get these photos onto something that Dad could watch. Poor ol' guy has no bragging rights to show his buddies.

So, over the weekend, I spent many hours just researching softwares that would make a slide show of photos to a DVD that could be viewed on a DVD player attached to a tv.

After researching and reading many reviews on various programs that do this, I decided on ProShow Gold. It looked easy enough. So, I decided to try using my brand spanking new Vuze program to see if I could find a copy.

Well, looky there! There's several versions available. I grabbed one that had good comments, but was not the latest version. I installed it without any problem and found that I could get the latest version now that it was installed. OhHappyIsMe.

The past two days I have been assembling and editing the 272 photos. First I had to renumber all the photos as both Peg and I were taking photos and I needed to get them in chronological order. I added a bunch of instrumental music and some motion effects and, as of this moment, in about one hour, I SHOULD have a DVD that will play on his player.

I'm saying a prayer - and just for a little extra, I'm crossing my fingers ... and toes.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi there, Did you get my email? I hope the ProShow worked well for you and that your Dad can view the photos!
Isn't it cool being able to edit and add transitions and music to your photos? Armando and I like doing that too.
P.S. Bitcomet is another torrent program that works well.
-Michelle

Anonymous said...

i SOOO envy your technological savvy...I, myself, possess none!

You gonna post those photos for those of us fryin in the hubs of hell here??

jockamo said...

you are a (tech)woman after my own heart. they are so few, you know. sigh.